by Debbie Mason
Published by Forever on October 25th 2016
Amazon| Barnes & Noble
Add to Goodreads
'Tis the season for love . . . Sophie DiRossi loved growing up in Harmony Harbor. But after fleeing in disgrace many years ago, it is the last place she wants to be. Left homeless by a fire, she's forced to go back to the small coastal town that harbors a million secrets, including her own. Sophie sees this secret reflected every day in her daughter's blue eyes-and she must keep it hidden from the only man she has ever loved.
Sophie's return is a shock for everyone . . . especially Liam Gallagher. The firefighter had some serious feelings for Sophie-and seeing her again sparks a desire so fierce it takes his breath away. Now Liam will do whatever it takes to show Sophie that they deserve a second chance at love, even if everything they've concealed threatens to keep them apart. In this special town at this special time of the year, Sophie and Liam can only hope for a little holiday magic...
MISTLETOE COTTAGE Q&A
- What was the most challenging part of writing MISTLETOE COTTAGE? Keeping the characters and secrets straight. Once I began writing the story, I’d change a character’s name because it no longer fit with who they were, and I’d forget to change throughout the book. And then there are the secrets from the past and deciding what to reveal now or what can wait until future books.
- Does any music/situations/media inspire your writing process? If so, what? I find music hugely inspiring and have a theme song and playlist for each book. The first thing I do when I sit down to write is play the book’s theme song and it immediately puts me in the story.
- What’s one thing that you enjoy most about writing? Least? What I love the most is when you write a detailed outline and your characters take the story in a totally different direction, or they reveal something to you and you have this magical aha moment. What I like the least is when I have to stop writing to take care of other aspects of the business.
- What was your favorite part of the book? I loved writing the book from three points of view. I don’t want to give anything away, but one of my favorite parts of the story is that readers, because of Colleen, know what’s going on behind the scenes. They know some of the secrets the characters are keeping before anyone else does.
- Jaws or Jurassic Park? The first installment was my favorite. So much so that I’d love to write a Jaws-inspired scene, or even a book, for the Harmony Harbor series.
- How many books are you planning in this series? I hope readers will have as much fun reading the series as I am writing it and all of the Gallagher great-grandchildren will have their stories told. So that would be twelve books. Which might come as a surprise to readers who have read Mistletoe Cottage, because they probably assumed I’d say ten. And it would have been ten if the Gallagher grandchildren didn’t have a secret or two.
- Who inspired the characters in this book? Colleen Gallagher was inspired by Nell McBride, the resident matchmaker from the Christmas, Colorado series. When I first started to write Mistletoe Cottage, I kept referring to Colleen as Nell. There’s one big difference though, Colleen is a . . . Sorry, it’s a major spoiler so I can’t tell you.
- Coffee or Tea? Coffee, black, and at least twelve cups a day. But it’s not as bad as it sounds because I make incredibly weak coffee. Or so I’ve been told.
Follow Forever Online