by S.C. Stephens
Published by Forever on August 23rd 2016
Amazon| Barnes & Noble| iBooks
Add to Goodreads
The first book in a new series by the #1 bestselling author of the Thoughtless novels...
Mackenzie Cox has a lot to prove. Daughter of a racing legend, she is eager to show the world that she has inherited her father's talent in the male-dominated sport of professional motorcycle racing. The last thing Kenzie needs is to be antagonized by her rival team's newest rider, Hayden Hayes. Plucked from the world of illegal street racing, Hayden immediately gets under Kenzie's skin. His insinuations that Kenzie is a spoiled princess who was handed her career fuels her desire to win, and much to her surprise, Kenzie soon learns she performs better when she's racing against Hayden.
As Kenzie and Hayden push each other on the track, the electric energy between them off the track shifts into an intense--and strictly forbidden--attraction. The only rule between their two ultra-competitive teams is zero contact. Kenzie always does her best to play by the rules, but when her team slips into a financial crisis, she has no choice but to turn to Hayden for help. The tension simmers during their secret, late-night rendezvous, but Kenzie has too much to lose to give in to her desires. Especially when she begins to doubt that Hayden has completely left his street life behind...
Blog Tour Top 5 List
Top 5 favorite songs or artists?
- Imagine Dragons. I love all their songs, but when I saw them in concert, I was blown away. The lead singer performs exactly how I picture Kellan performing. It was a surreal experience.
- Linkin Park. The sound of this band (on a lot of their songs) is exactly how I imagine the D-Bags sounding. LP will always hold a special place in my heart. Plus their concerts are amazing! They sound just as good live.
- These guys were on constant repeat while I was writing the Thoughtless trilogy. I love them with all my heart. And I got to stand thisclose to Ryan Tedder during a meet and greet. Awe-some.
- Old Dominion. My honey-boo has been slowly getting me into country music. I just picked up their album, and I love every song! I also love the fact that the scratch and sniff bacon sticker on the cover smells like cotton candy (the album is called Meat and Candy—haha!).
- Every Avenue. I cried the day this band broke up, and I did an all-day Twitter celebration on the day of their last concert. A fan turned me on to the band after Thoughtless was released, and I was amazed by how well their lyrics fit the story—its uncanny! These guys are also the only band I have gotten autographs from. Thanks to a reader, I was able to get a copy of Effortless signed by every single member. Best. Gift. Ever.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- C. Stephens is a #1 bestselling author who spends her every free moment creating stories that are packed with emotion and heavy on romance. In addition to writing, she enjoys spending lazy afternoons in the sun reading, listening to music, watching movies, and spending time with her friends and family. She and her two children reside in the Pacific Northwest.
FOLLOW FOREVER ONLINE